A drab photograph with little of interest apart from the line of birch trees and lamp posts gets a vintage, romantic feel with the addition of one of my new textures and a little work in PSE. Ta da:
With the simple addition of a texture we now find depth and an aged vintage look which add intrigue and interest to the photo. With a little more work, a figure could be added on the path, but I like the beckoning call of a lonely, empty path at day's end. The texture that performed this magic, and that can be yours for free, follows.
* Applied the texture to the photo adjusting it to fit with the bounding boxes.
* Set the Blending Mode to Hard Light and adjusted the Opacity to 75%.
* Made a Levels Adjustment increasing black balance just a bit.
* While still in the Levels Adjustment, I moved the Output slider to 60 to achieve a faded look.
* Added my initials signature.
* Used my crop tool to give the photo a small white border.
* And finally, added a watermark to protect the digital art from being 'borrowed' without permission.
Please feel free to use this texture, French Toast, for your personal or commercial projects by employing it as an element of your work. My only request is that you not re-gift or sell the texture itself as if you created it.
You can download French Toast for free by clicking HERE. Enjoy!!!