Still playing with textures and over-laying my photographs on top of each other to see what I get. Most of the time I have to un-do the less than satisfactory results, but occasionally I come up with a keeper.
I have kept 6 examples of the same basic photograph of a train, shot through a chain link fence and then edited using other photographs or textures, in Picasa. I'd love to hear which one(s), if any, you prefer.
Here is the base image.
1. Base image overlayed with bokeh (little, blurry blobs of light) texture.
2. Original train pic overlayed with photo of pink leaves.
3. Base image overlayed with photo of white hydrangeas.
4. Original pic overlayed with photo of water.
5. Overlayed with a sort of pixilated, sepia photo of a wall and birch tree.
6. Overlayed with sepia photo of feathery grasses (pixelated look again).